Friday, November 14, 2008

21st Century update: Portable Synth Very Interesting

The Nintendo DS is a fliptop portable gamer with a writing wand that you can use much like that of a Palm Pilot. Hooray! Though I, like many people, don't play video games. Hooray! For others.

Hold up. Now there is a 'game' that is actually just a KORG synthesizer. Walking by the Nintendo Store yesterday, I wanted to see if I could play with one. They did not have it out on display. Notably, though, they were sold out of it. The last copy was sold to a woman who ran in asking for it at the top of her lungs, and then after learning it was the last one, vaunted her purchase to the store. She got super double happiness off of that purchase, probably more than was intended.

I do want one. But I don't even compose on my fancy Apple Computer (Garage Band), so perhaps I should start there.

Click here to looky look at it. You can see he's using the "Kaos pad" which lets you change the sound by rubbing over a big square. I believe the effects from it are somewhat randomized.

No comments: