Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pre-Law is "Pre"tty expensive

Law School Admissions Council is a nonprofit association of over 200 law schools. For Law Students to be, you have to use their website and their services. These services include: applying to law school, taking the LSAT, and buying necessary books for the LSAT or the admissions process.

They have a page that totals all the money you've run through their site while applying to law schools. I've applied to 10 so far, and taken the LSAT twice. The total I've spent since last May? Over $1,100.

Then there was the LSAT prep course, which wasn't worth it, though the info I learned (in the classes I went to) helped me improve my score immensely.

Moral of the story: think about Law School first, then take the LSAT and apply, because you'll be out so much otherwise.

No comments: