Friday, November 21, 2008

Terribly Good Food, Part II


Archway Cookies, the big, cheap cookies that were forever soft, has gone out of business.

They had a cult following but I don't know if people connected over their love of these chewy (though I would say mediocre) cookies.

Story from a site that seems to ship out 'specialty' foods.

By far my favorite item from their collection, though, and I am lamenting big time here, is their Circus Animals with the delectable soft icing. These were, by far, my favorite kind of cookie as a child. Sorry mom!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i can binge eat bags of those animal cookies without shame.

one thing that has not gone out of business that i would love to get my hands on if i can find it in ny: cheerwine. not wine, but lots of cheer.

you know what i'm talking about north caroliner.

Wellsmus said...

Yes, yes, it is an exclusively North Carolina thing. It has banners in NC Community Colleges...

Someone on NPR said it was really sugary, I don't remember that. I think I'm going to get some this afternoon.

UNC - 98 points last night!!! 2 points away from free Bojangles sausage biscuit.